Director of Water and Street Department
The Water and Street Director is responsible for organizing, coordinating and managing water services, meter maintenance, meter reading, utility billing, customer service, street maintenance, budget and resource planning. Also, ensures compliance with local ordinances, State and Federal laws. Working closely with the Town Manager, regulatory agencies, engineering firms and other government agencies is essential.
• Approves water service connections.
• Ability to handle complaints and provide excellent customer relations.
• Performs maintenance checks, monitors and records all DHEC required water production records.
• Manage utility billing.
• Provide utility locates for other agencies.
• Selects employees for full-time positions, provides training, recommends discipline and resolves personnel problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Exceptional computer skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to communicate effectively via email.
• Capability to self-supervision is required on a daily basis.
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions necessary to perform all utility maintenance work.
• Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and to determine solutions to a variety of utility maintenance and repair problems.
• Capacity to supervise and evaluate work performed by subordinates.
• Demonstrated ability to read and understand water blueprints, perform math calculations using units of weight, measurement, volume and distance and apply understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form…understand general mechanical and construction terms and directions.
• Effectively monitor and manage Capital Improvement Projects of the Water Department with other departments and/or consultants and contractors.
A high school diploma or GED, and a valid SC Driver’s License are required. However, a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Urban/Regional Planning, Public or Business Administration is preferred. Five years of proven experience including three years of supervisory experience is also preferred.
Salary based on years of experience and education.
The Town of Kingstree offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Applicants may apply for this position by emailing their resume to: email@example.com.
Closing date is November 9, 2018.
$2,000 Hiring Bonus
The Town of Kingstree is seeking highly motivated applicants to fill officer positions in the Police Department. Applicants who have a Class I Law Enforcement Certification from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Academy may be eligible for a $2,000 hiring bonus. Qualified applicants must have a high school diploma or possess a GED, and be at least 21 years of age. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen and have a valid SC Driver’s License. A bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or a related field is preferred but not required. Twelve hour rotating shifts are mandatory for this position. Applicants will be required to submit to a thorough background investigation, and a medical examination that includes a drug-screening test. The salary will depend upon the applicant’s years of experience in law enforcement. The Town of Kingstree offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Applicants may apply for this position by emailing their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town of Kingstree is an Equal Opportunity Employer