Kingstree Fire Department is a municipal department serving the citizens within the corporate limits of the Town of Kingstree. The department also assists surrounding fire departments through reciprocal automatic aid agreements. The Kingstree Fire Department participates in the S.C. Firefighters Mobilization program, thus having statewide resources available and assistance from other departments in the state when necessary.
We answer an average of 300 to 500 calls per year providing fire supression and rescue services as well as assisting Williamsburg County EMS with Medical Emergencies. We are staffed by 7 career and 24 volunteer firefighters and have an apparatus inventory which consists of three engines, an aerial ladder, a medium-duty service/rescue, a brush truck, an aluminum boat, two utility vehicles and the Fire Chief’s vehicle. We also pride ourselves on the fact that we have recently lowered our ISO rating from a 4 to a 3, from the Insurance Services Office (ISO).
Services and Capabilities
- Provide the town with Fire and Life Safety education and fire prevention programs
- Protect the town with Fire suppression, and mitigation of hazardous materials incidents
- Respond to emergencies that arise due to natural disasters
- Provide patient care with medical first responders
- Respond to Water related incidents requiring rescue and underwater search and recovery, and numerous other emergencies
- Stands ready to respond to acts of terrorism and to render mutual aid assistance to neighboring agencies in need